Making their return this year are the annual Friends of the Library Book Sale and the annual Friends of the Library Cookie Walk!!! Here is the rundown of library-related events taking place Saturday, August 27th in conjunction with the Apple Pie Craft Festival:
- The Friends of the Library Book Festival will take place under the tents on the side lawn of the library from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.! Raffle tickets to win some special baskets of goodies will be on sale as well!
- The Friends of the Library Cookie Walk will take place under the tent on the right side of the front lawn of the library starting at 9:00 a.m. and ending when the cookies are all gone! What is a cookie walk you ask? Basically, you purchase a bag for $5.00 and walk around the tables under the tent, filling your bag with bundles of cookies.
- The Library Board of Trustees will be offering breakfast on the library porch starting at 9:00 a.m. Drop by and purchase a cup of coffee and a quick bite!
- Mo, our wonderful children’s librarian, will be offering a kid’s craft under the tent on the left side of the front lawn of the library from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.! In addition, Ali, one of our fabulous library assistants will be offering kid’s face painting from 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon!
- The library will also have a booth on the Common providing information on our fall programs. Show us your library card and you will be entered to win a “Basket of Books and Book Swag”!!!
- Additionally, the library itself will be open extended hours, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.!
The library is NO LONGER accepting book donations for the book sale. If you have some that you want to drop off, PLEASE WAIT and drop off next week, after this years sale is over!
If the Cookie Walk caught your eye and you love to bake cookies, we are looking for cookie bakers to donate cookies for the Walk! If interested, please contact Janice Brehio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, August 27th. We look forward to seeing all of you!!!